I thought I’d share some of the Detroit highlights I’ve recently enjoyed in various publications and on the web. What’s on your list?
- One of Many Detroits: “The people of this city are not abstractions.” An anonymous Detroit photographer shares a view of the city that the mainstream media doesn’t cover.
- A Tale of Two Cities: Beijing and Detroit: Which symbolizes success, and which disintegration? It may not be what you think.
- Detroit Yoga Teachers: “Among them are yogis who teach in health clubs, churches, yoga studios, homes and even outdoors.”
- Model D’s LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender): Featured Stories
- Work, Reimagined: Detroit Gets Creative: How residents of America’s most famously down and out city are building livelihoods that also rebuild their communities.
- Miracle on Mt. Elliott – The Fierce Urgency of Now: “This situation is happening all over Detroit and soon all over America. But my friend, I see a light at the end of this tunnel that one day it will be different. That day is today and we are the ones, right here, right now, who will create it.”
- The Internet as location: Thinking Through Environmental Justice in the online world
- Film Trailer: After the Factory: “After the Factory presents an opportunity to learn from these two diametrically different cultures as their entire way of life transitions to something new. Stories from the citizens are inspiring. Ideas from community leaders are thought-provoking. Free-thinking entrepreneurs are putting a new spin on traditional concepts of growth.”
Artwork credit: Henri Matisse